Jeffrey (Jeff) W. Spilker, JD, CPA/ABV
Jeff specializes in financial forensics, economic damage analysis, and real estate and business valuation. He leads the firm's real estate consulting and construction advisory practice. Previously, Jeff was with a national accounting and consulting firm. He has also served as CFO of an engineering and construction company and as a Vice President and General Manager of a contruction and real estate development firm. Jeff has provided expert testimony on more than one hundred matters involving financial and valuation issues in federal district court, Unites States bankruptcy court, and arbitration settings.
Jeff holds a Bachelor's degree in Architecture with High Honors and an MBA from the University of Texas. He is also a graduate of the South Texas College of Law and is a licensed attorney in Virginia. Jeff is a CPA, accredited by the AICPA in business valuation and is also certified in Financial Forensics. He is a Texas State certified general real estate appraiser.
Recent consulting engagements include:
HOUSTON | DALLAS | AUSTIN
- Retained by D&O insurance carrier for an $800 million publicly traded construction company to advise legal defense team on financial matters involving a failed merger and the roles and responsibilities of the directors, officers, auditors and audit committee members.
- Retained by D&O insurance carrier for a $1.2 billion publicly traded waste management company that went into Chapter 7 bankruptcy to advise legal defense team on financial matters that included issues involving the firm’s officers, directors and auditors.
- Led a due diligence team to advise a purchaser in its acquisition of a local professional sports team.
- Developed a strategic valuation and property tax plan for the home office facilities of one of the nation’s largest discount retail companies.
- Led a team of valuation and financial professionals to value and strategically advise a large home improvement chain on the transfer of its home office headquarters and over 100 owned retail centers to an affiliated REIT to optimize tax and financial reporting.
- Consulted with a major energy company to assist in the preparation of a development plan for proposed resort facilities and master-planned community on a 1,300 acre tract of lake front property in Virginia.